Updated Information To Be Released Immediately:
- NIVW is a national observance that was established in 2006 to highlight the importance of continuing influenza vaccination, as well as foster greater use of flu vaccine after the holiday season into January and beyond.
- Winnebago County Health Department has started returning to area schools this week to provide boosters for children younger than 9, and will continue this effort until every child has received their proper vaccination.
- Public appointment clinics have been scheduled through the end of January.
- Flu activity has decreased in recent weeks, but expectations are for increases in both seasonal & H1N1 cases during the next few months.
- Vaccination is the best protection against contracting the virus yourself.
- Vaccination helps keep you from being a carrier of the virus to others around you (especially pregnant women, babies younger than 6 months & people with chronic health conditions).
- Winnebago County Health Department is not the only source for H1N1 vaccine, many local physicians & pharmacies have received doses for distribution to the public.
- For further information, visit the CDC at: www.cdc.gov, or www.flu.gov
- Please visit the WCHD Website for local and regularly updated information at www.wchd.org
# # #