Webpage Last Updated: 09/08/2021
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a a respiratory illness that can cause mild to severe illness in people. The Winnebago County Health Department, along with our local healthcare partners, local health departments in the region, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are working to contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the public’s health.
COVID-19 Status In Winnebago County
- Community spread of COVID-19 remains a concern.
- The State of Illinois is currently in Phase 5. Click here for guidance.
- Due to the substanial level of community transmission of COVID-19, WCHD recommends:
- Everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask while indoor public settings.
- Businesses and public venues require UNIVERSAL INDOOR MASKING of their staff and patrons regardless of vaccination status
- Take steps to protect yourself and your family from COVID-19
- Get vaccinated. Click here to schedule your COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Wear a face covering when in public indoor settings
- Watch your distance (Stay apart 6ft. and avoid large gatherings and crowded places)
- Wash your hands
- Delay travel until fully vaccinated
Recent Updates on COVID-19
- For data on COVID-19 vaccinations, click here to go to the IDPH website.
- Make an appointment to get your vaccine at the Winnebago County Health Department.
- 555 North Court Street, Rockford, IL
- Click here to register for a COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Get your free vaccine at the Winnebago County Health Department Community Vaccination Clinic.
Click here for dates and location of upcoming clinics
- Click Here for COVID-19 Testing Information.
Illinois COVID-19 Hotline
The Illinois Department of Public Health has established a COVID-19 hotline and email address to answer questions from the public:
- 1(800) 889-3931
For additional information, click here for a CDC fact sheet or go to the IDPH and CDC webpages on 2019 novel coronavirus: