Webpage Last Updated: 07/18/2022
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can cause mild to severe illness in people. The Winnebago County Health Department, along with our local healthcare partners, local health departments in the region, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are working to contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the public’s health.
For information on COVID-19, including testing or vaccination locations, community level data, and treatment information, please go to https://www.covid.gov/ or call 1-800-232-0233.
For a copy of your COVID-19 VACCINATION RECORD, visit Vax Verify or call 833-621-1284.
CDC COVID-19 Community Level
Winnebago County is now at High Community level.
- Wear A Mask while in public indoor settings, regardless of your vaccination status
- Avoid Crowded Indoor Settings.
- Stay Up-To-Date on your vaccinations: it is important to get your COVID-19 vaccination and your eligible booster shots
- Know Your Risk and Plan Ahead.For those who are at higher risk of getting realy sick from COVID-19, talk to your healthcare provider about
- if you need to wear a mask or a respirator in public indoor settings
- treatment available through your healthcare provider or test-to-treat locations if you do test positive for COVID-19
Test Postive, Get Treatment
- Talk with your healthcare provider as soon as possible to see if you are eligible for one of the COVID-19 treatment
- You can also find a Test to Treat Site and get treatment where you get tested.
- You must start treatment within a few days after symptoms start, so do not wait, contact your healthcare provider or go to a Test to Treat Site promptly.
COVID-19 Vaccine For Children
- The CDC reccommends COVID-19 vaccines for everyone 6 months and older and boosters for everyone 5 years and older, if eligible.
- Contact your child's healthcare provider to schedule routine vaccines, including the COVID-19 vaccine, or visit vaccines.gov to see where vaccines for children are available.
- Children and teens may get a COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines, including a flu vaccine, at the same time.
- For more information on COVID-19 vaccines for children click here.
- IDPH Guidance for Pre-K -12 Schools for addressing COVID-19 cases, contacts, and outbreaks
- Illinois State Board of Education Guidance
- Executive Order 2022-10 - COVID-19 Executive Order NO. 103
- Healthcare Providers